Monday, April 21, 2008

Already Attached

The weirdest thing about being pregnant is how attached you feel so early.  This weekend we had a little scare and I went to the hospital to make sure everything was alright.  Which it was!  But how quickly that worry and fear took over was amazing!  It took me 2 seconds to completely lose all control and become so scarred.  It took then 2 more seconds for me to get a grip, find my cell phone, put myself in the car and head to the hospital.  Even after everything was fine I was so drained from the emotional roller coaster I had just been on.  How everything took way to long and no one seemed to move fast enough.  The worst thing is I know the worrying will never go away no matter how old they are and that is so scary for me.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

You are so right about getting attached. I remembered thinking - I haven't even met this person, but I'd be wrecked if anything bad happened...now I've seen his face and the attachment and love I thought was huge during pregnancy has exploded. I can't help but reflect on God's love for us, and how he looks at us as his children. I'm so glad everything is ok. Keep posting. :)

sherry said...

I'm so glad everything is ok! It is amazing how quickly you switch to 'mom mode'! You'll never be the same again!
You're going to be such a great mom.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with your friends!
Miss you!

Fish said...

Yay! I am so excited you are going to share this process with us! I am so excited for you and Troy. You know we're praying for ya!

Emily said...

oh, poor thing! I feel your pain in all the worrying, I wish I could say it gets easier! However, I will say you get a little more used to it, a very little. :)
I pray that I can relax more as a mom someday!
Anyway, thanks for starting a blog and keeping us all updated! We'll be keeping you three in our prayers!
love!

Lambert Loggings said...

Candace! I am SO happy for you. Welcome to motherhood. :) You will be such a wonderful mom! I can't wait to meet your little one! Praying for you ~ Kim