Saturday, February 7, 2009

Back to Work

The Question: How is work and daycare going?

Well, honestly I was a little scared before I went back. I really wanted all of it to go well and it was hard leaving her with someone else that was not her mom. Troy and I went together the first day and dropped her off, it went much better then I imagined. She did not even notice I left the room, which was great, but honestly I wanted her to kick and scream and say mommy don't leave. That was not the case at all. I did well leaving the building and it was not as hard since I knew I would see her at lunch. I go to the daycare a couple days a week and feed her lunch. It is just nice to be able to go over and see her and have some time with her. It has also been a nice time to get to know the ladies that work there. That has helped a lot being able to get to know the people that are with Gracie everyday. Gracie has now been there for 2 weeks. When we walk into the room and those ladies start talking to her she just lights up and smiles. She really likes it. I look at the positives of the daycare, she gets lots of attention, they read, sing, play peek-a-boo, practice rolling over, tummy time and no distractions of needing to clean the house or running errands. It is a Christian based daycare so they read bible stories and sing a lot of Sunday school songs. I really love that they do all the things that I wish I could do in a day with her. Plus the ladies think she is so good and love all the cute outfits she wears. As, for work it is not bad. I do not mind going back to work in general but going back to Graphic has been a little interesting and trying. That really has been the hardest part is not enjoying where I am going back too.

Just a little side note.
I was talking to a friend, who has not yet had kids, about how freaked out she is to start trying. I guess I just want to say that I was very scarred to say, let’s change our whole lives right now. It freaked me out to the point it made my stomach roll over. She asked, if I knew then, what I know now would I have had them earlier. Not that I would ever give up that time I had with just Troy and I because I loved it and it was fun it just being the two of us, I would defiantly not have been scarred and I would had kids more when Troy was ready then waiting. Really, my life has changed because I care for another person but I love it and it is not as scary as people make it out to be. I just thought for those of you that the thought just makes you want to turn and run, don’t, it is wonderful. I do encourage you to first enjoy the married life before kids. And, that is a whole other thing that I could write on and now is not the time.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Glad things are going well Candace. Well said about the transition from married w/out kids, to being parents. I had a similar experience- the "jumping in" is the scariest part :-)

Emily said...

Hey Candace! I am glad to hear that the transition went well. I can imagine it's hard, but it sounds like you found a great place for Gracie.

Emily said...

Hey Candace! I am glad to hear that the transition went well. I can imagine it's hard, but it sounds like you found a great place for Gracie.

Curtis and Katie Hickman said...

Hey Candace!

Thanks for the side-note! We go back and forth and its good to hear some positive perspective!
Hope you guys are doing great!

Katie