Friday, May 15, 2009

Christmas in May

Each night I sing my Gracie to sleep while rocking her. Some nights Gracie seems not to want the singing and rather have the silence and other nights she fights going to sleep. Honestly, it is not much of a fight because she always gives into the sleep after 5 minutes. I have a couple of songs that I always sing to her but sometimes I try to mix it up. This week a new song popped into my mind, Judy Garland’s, Have Your Self a Merry Little Christmas from Meet Me in St Louis. Yes, that is right Christmas songs in May. Well, it was a hit. Gracie was singing a long while playing with her hair so I just kept singing it over and over. Now you know when I say singing that I did not understand the words but it was beautiful to be, I loved it. So, every night this week I have sang it just to her here sing and have added in a couple other Christmas songs.

Just thought I would share one of the week highlights

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Isn't it funny how those songs happen? Aaron made up an "Anna Rose" song a long time ago and Anna always requests it!
I love the new picture, too. I can't believe how big she's getting!