Monday, November 24, 2008

Gracie is 1 Month

Surprised? Me too! Gracie is a month old today and an updated post is way past due. We are all doing great. The first month has been busy. I had my family in town helping me the first week, Troy's family the second and my mom came back while Troy went out of town for the Victory Bowl. We then traveled to Cincinnati for Thanksgiving and Gracie did great. Gracie got to meet her Uncle Steve and Aunt Kassi for the first time. It was nice to spend time with them we so rarely get to see in person instead of online. She was passed around a lot this holiday and she seemed to love every minute of it. Troy and I were able to catch up with friends while in Cincinnati and to show off our little pride and joy. It was so nice to be able to see everyone.

Gracie did not seem to be fazed by the trip or the slight change in routine. She seems to adjust to everything wonderfully. Right now she is sleeping 4 and 5 hours at a time at night so I am able to catch up on some sleep. One of our nights in Cincinnati Gracie slept 7 hours straight, which was great but I on the other hand woke up anyway to check on her, and trying to make sure nothing was wrong. Needless to say I did not enjoy the 7 hours of sleep. I am praying that she is up for it again soon so I can take in the zzz's that are well needed.

PS-there were some people we did not get to see we are sorry and wished we did. Thanks to all for your love and support it means so much to me and troy. Also we have all these wonderful friends who keep telling us about amazing songs. So I added another which I also love.

Anyway, here are pictures which is what you really want to see. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE her chimpunk cheeks!! :) Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

you guys look great! Hope to see you soon, are you passing through on your way to KS?

anissa brett,asher, tate and tobin!!! said...

Oh i'm so glad you finally updated wtih pictures. Sounds like you had a great first month!! :-) She looks like Troy..right? You are blessed! Thanks for the update.

The Burgess family said...

Thanks for updating us all. Sounds like you all are doing great! Pearl always slept longer when we'd travel with her at that age too, which I thought was funny (we eventually guessed she liked her travel bed better, haha). I just commented on your photos on facebook but I will say it again here: Sounds like you're experienced now with a holiday/traveling baby so I hope we'll see you at Christmas! Looks and sounds like you've got yourself a great little baby, we're excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

What can I say, she is beautiful she has melted all of our hearts.......I'm falling in love again, Remembering when you were born. It's wonderful seeing you and Troy with Gracie. I'm proud to be called Grandma. Love you guys

Lambert Loggings said...

SHe's beautiful!