Monday, November 3, 2008

Just Some Thoughts!

Just some thoughts for the end of pregnancy on this day of November 3rd, 2008 when this child of mine should be making her debut but instead is warmly nuzzled in for a long winters nap.

1) Trying to distinguish what is normal
2) Not wanting to call the doctor to ask yet another question to make sure what is happening is normal.
3) Hoping not to be the girl at the hospital crying "wolf" or "baby on the way" and then finding out nothing is even happening yet.
4) Getting excited for something that turns out to be nothing

These are my end of pregnancy thoughts that seem to grow all the time.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

praying for you!

Unknown said...

You're getting so close! When you get contractions that get longer, stronger, and closer together (and don't stop) go to the hospital! :)

I was feeling the same way you are right now, not wanting anything to be a false alarm, so Andrew had to talk me into going to the hospital.

I'm thinking about you and praying for you in these last days. Get LOTS and LOTS of sleep now, if you can.

Lambert Loggings said...

Yay Candace! So excited! You are getting soooo close! We're praying for you.

Hilary said...

During the last few weeks of my pregnancy I had to remind myself that there are no permanantly pregnant women. None. You won't be the first either. :) Hang in there.
Also, I didn't want to get sent home either. I got up with contractions at 5am, but didn't go into the hospital until 1:30p. It was nice to know I wasn't imagining it, but I could have stayed home a few hours and enjoyed my bed.

THE SENKBILE SCOOP said...

I think most first-time moms have those feelings...just bask in the moment of being an almost-mommy and don't worry about what other people think. I have plenty of friends who have gone to the hospital and been sent home because it's too early. Rather that, than wait too long, right? I bet you're soooo excited to meet your little daughter and see what she looks like! Praying for you guys...this part of the journey is a really magical experience - enjoy the ride!