Thursday, February 20, 2014

Salad Recipe

Ok so I love my salads but sometimes they get boring and I am looking for something new and healthy and that includes the dressing.  A friend introduced me to the southwest chopped salad mix that she would add to a bag of spinach salad and a roasted chicken.  It was delicious and to top it all off she made homemade cilantro dressing that was good for you, crazy good.  I thought I would share, you never know who might find it amazing.

Ingredients
1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime), more to taste
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
1/8 tsp. salt
Optional: cumin, honey/agave

Directions
Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.

Find this recipe and many others at thegardengrazer.com

No comments: