Monday, April 7, 2014

Things to Know About

Nolan
  • I think he has the cutest little head.
  • When we wake him for potty time before we head off to bed his sleeping on the toilet is so funny to me and I always find myself laughing.
  • He loves slow dancing with Gracie, one hand on her waist and the other in her hand.  Yes, she taught him this and although it is slow his legs are always moving and hopping like crazy.
  • His obsession changes frequent enough I don't want to pull my hair out.  Obessions in order:
  1. Little Einsteins
  2. Incredibles
  3. Toy Story
  4. Monster's Inc
  5. Prep & Landing (aka ho, ho)
  6. Frozen
  • He loves Almond milk
  • He has a crush on Elenor and loves saying the name Asher.  When I say crush I mean if I tell him she will be at an event he is ready to go with no fight.  He wants me to pick him up to see her in Sunday School class and he will follow her anywhere.
  • Would sit and read books all day if he could well with some running and jump in between pages.
  • A friend pointed out once how he is just all boy and it is so true.  He is active from morning to night wearing his cowboy boots with pj's and super hero costumes.  I am not sure he will ever be one to just sit and color.
  • He walks up to toys like ninja turtles, batman, or spiderman and will make gun noises.  He somehow knows they are toys meant for boys and he has NEVER seen any of those shows.
  • He loves to snuggle and watch a show.
  • He is all boy.  He wants to jump off everything, turn anything into a sword or gun, likes machines that make big noises and if he hears a train or plane he will stop and find it.
  • Nolan's love language is(from what we can tell): touch, quality time, words of affirmation

Gracie
  • Makes video's for her daddy where she sings about how much she misses him.
  • Just like a Schenk she thinks her toot's are hilarious.
  • She loves mommying Nolan.  This means she wants to read books to him, she encourages him to go potty, lay down for nap, and even wants to tuck him in at night and sing to him.  Sometimes I have to tell her she is not the mom when she tries to discipline him.
  • She loves everything art and she is really good at it.
  • She truly thinks I can make anything.
  • She likes to hear how daddy and I met.  Not from me but from daddy.  She asks questions about where we went and what we talked about on our dates.
  • She likes to use words that don't actually go with a situation although she is much better at it now. i.e. as nolan is driving her crazy she will say he is so embarrassing to me.  As we help with the words she has gotten better but very funny.
  • She has the biggest softest heart.  I want to protect it so bad.  She just loves helping people, being friends with everyone, and is learning sometimes kids can be mean.
  • She can be so sassy.
  • She thinks she is a ninja and likes practicing her moves.
  • She things the train takes people to work or bible study.
  • She loves to dance.
  • She can make friends with anyone anywhere, seriously!
  • She recently asked me "what happens if we get lost in Paris" and I replied it would be awesome it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world maybe one day we can go together.  "And will we see fashions?" Yes, I reply.  "Can we take Nolan if he gets bigger and daddy? We need to get them boy fashions?"
  • Gracie likes to ask everyone in the car to be quiet so she can day dream.
  • Gracie asks often to wear lip gloss and I have to remind her how that won't happen until she is older and then this leads into the conversation about her heart and thats what makes her beautiful.  She then replies, "but mommy my heart has lip gloss on and a beautiful necklace".
  • Gracie's love language is: words of affirmation, quality time, gifts

No comments: