Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Room in Progress

So although I promised not do this and potty training at the same time, I changed my mind.  It's  really Gracie's fault, she decided to start potty training 2 months earlier then what was scheduled and I wanted to finish the process of the move.  And she has done great and is loving all the space, so am I.   I have been wanting to move Gracie's room for sometime but could not decided on what to do in the decorations of the room.  I found exactly what I wanted at Marshall's except they are actually fabric shower curtains and thankfully they were on clearance so I made a mad dash for them.  From the fabric I am going to make Gracie's bed skirt, once she is in a big girl bed, curtains and a couple of decorative pillow cases.  I also had my work print decals of huge flowers that I could put on the wall that I love.  That to come later.

Mr Troy painting the pre-Khaki walls to a white color.
(ps-walmart has some cheap basic paint)
I just like the pottery barn clean white feeling. 
Plus with all the color I think it will be perfect.
The room after it has been freshly painted and mopped.
The back wall where I have the fabric hanging is where the flower decals will go.
A better shot of the fabric and all the great colors.
The only problem is this fabric does not come close to hitting the floor so I have to come up with something creative for the curtains, any ideas?  Maybe color on top and solid on the bottom?
Just a fun shot of Gracie napping while we moved everything out of her room, she literally slept thru the whole thing.  I just thought how weird will it be when she wakes up and everything but her bed is gone:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive you bought paint at walmart. That cuts me deep. Ace paint is way better. Blake

The Schenk Family said...

I just needed something cheap. Dont worry I get my good paint from HD;)