Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Guess What?

Gracie's room is finally done.  Wahoo!  At the end of all of the re-arranging and cleaning out of closets, and going thru everything we own.  My house is very clean, well minus the attic and that will happen this summer.  I have been trying to finish her curtains since well, I think November.  That's sad!  But it looks cute and she is not allowed to change it for a while.  I love it and it has lots of different colors so as the next years pass and her favorites change I will have to just point them out.  Right now she really likes the flowers on her wall.  At some point I will find her a twin bed and layout her comforter but that won't happen until this summer.  Enjoy!

the new room
her play area


I wanted to do something with decals on the wall.  I worked on these with someone from my work and then we printed them off.  They came out looking pretty close to what I found on etsy for way, way less.
the curtains  
I have plenty of left over fabric so I will
also make some pillows with this at a later date.
I also got these letter from work, for free, wahoo.  
I thought they were pretty cool and this 
is what I did.  It is hanging above G's bed.
I thought I had a before picture but I don't.  This was a hideous 
picture of a girl.  Which I spray painted over, made a chalk 
board and painted the trim purple.  I did not want anymore white.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

The curtains turned out great and so did the "Gracie" sign. Where did you hang the chalkboard and the name picture?

The Schenk Family said...

The name picture is above Gracie's bed, I actually hung it last night and well the chalk board was going to lean against on of the walls but I am not sure as of now. I am going to have to think about that one.

PS~I do not love making curtains. Unless they are really simple. You have way more patience then I for these things.

Anonymous said...

it looks GREAT!!! Gracie is a lucky girl! :)

pdisandro said...

Great job Candace!

anissa brett,asher, tate and tobin!!! said...

so cute, can you come and do my kids rooms for me :-) pleeeaase :-)