Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lately...

Where have we been lately?  Well we celebrate another birthday for me in March and on the same weekend had my first night without Gracie, which was a bummer.  Defiantly harder on me then her.  Here is the thing, Gracie is an easy kid.  If we pick her up late at night and she is a sleep, she will sleep the rest of the way in the car, I can change her, put on PJ's, and she will still just get in bed with no issues.  She is just easy and she sleeps through the night.  I have had no where to go in the last 2 1/2 years that I have been away from her.  And no I don't have issues, I would go on vacation or a weekend getaway without her but so far that has not happened.  I look forward to my family time with her and she is easy to take almost anywhere.  As for overnights I am not sure I will do another one unless I have somewhere to go.  I like my weekend snuggle time in the morning while watching cartoons.  Right now I just don't see the point.  Maybe once #2 comes along we will then want a night to ourselves but I love her around.  Is that bad?  I don't really see it being a bad thing.  The next time I have a girls weekend away I will leave her but I love her around, am I crazy?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

No, you are not crazy! The first time I left the boys overnight, I was a nervous wreck. (Samuel was 2 yrs and Darius was about 14 months old.) Josh can testify to that. But, since then, each time I've left them has been easier and more enjoyable for me. I love my children dearly, but having an overnight break is always a nice way for me to recharge as a mom.