Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our BIG Announcement

This last year Troy and I have been challenged with fertility issues that we tried to over come in so many ways.  Thankfully the Lord has Blessed us with BABY #2.  Yeap that’s right the one thing I thought would not and could not ever happen again has happened.  Troy and I could not feel more blessed.  We are expecting BABY #2 to arrive around November 16th.  I am just 11 weeks along and the nausea is in full swing.  This does mean that Gracie and BABY #2 will be 3 years apart.  Those out there thinking we should have been using a calendar, with a Football coach for a husband, we don’t care, not even a little bit.  God’s timing would happen with or without a calendar and this is his plan of how he wants it to happen and when.  It just seems that February is our lucky month.

Here is Our Story of the little one…
In March I decided to take a test, it was a generic test and the line was very light.  So with my past history I decided to wait a few days to take another.  At this point I was expecting a negative.  Understand it has been a year of trying, medication, and tests.  So I did not believe at the beginning.  On a Thursday I took test #2 and it was a positive.  Saying I was shocked would be an understatement.  By mid-March I went in to meet with my doctor.  Due to our prior situation with cysts they wanted to make sure the sack was where it was suppose to be and not in my tubes.  The ultra sound was fine and I saw the little heart beat.  The next day I started bleeding and continued for the next couple of weeks.  I called the doctor 2 days after my birthday because I was sure that I had miscarried and at that point the doctor said I could not wait until mid-April to “clean things up” because I could get an infection.  I went into the appointment that day mentally prepared to hear those words, to see no heart beat.  Even the ultrasound tech had turned the screen away from me.  As the ultrasound began the lady turned the screen and said there's the baby and the little heart beat.  It turns out I am in the 20-30% of women that experience bleeding in early pregnancy.  The doctor showed me where on the ultrasound it was coming from and was confident everything was fine.  I was in shock and Troy was excited.  I actually apologized to the nurse because I felt heartless for just sitting there with no feelings.  I have completely guarded my feelings to keep from the pain, that I have not completely let it really sink in that there is a little one in there growing.

How I told Troy…
Well, I waited a couple days.  This has been a long year and the “no” news has been hard.   I wanted to be sure.  Saturday morning Gracie woke up and I dressed her in her Big Sis shirt that I made(a long time ago & luckily it fit) and had her go wake up Troy.  I was not sure how long it would take for him to notice.  I heard “daddy, daddy get up daddy” “what’s up Gracie” and then “Candace, Candace why is Gracie wearing this shirt”?  I just laugh.  He was so excited.

How am I feeling…
I have felt sick from the get-go, all day at the beginning, then it pushed back, and started around noon.  Once the nausea hit I was out the rest of the day.  I can now make it most days until about six but those days come and go as well.  I also have superman-smelling powers, ones that I must run from just so I won’t puke.  Example, the ladies room at work has a wall freshener that I have actually dismounted and then people spray the air fresheners on the back of the toilet which make an awful combination to anyone but for me I have to actually try not to gag when I walk in.  Things that I have found that settle my stomach that I never used before are prego pops, or in my case organic lolli pops, and ginger ale.  I have been so thankful for my friends with two children or on pregnancy #2 who have told me many times the second time you pop so much faster, so true for me.  There is no hiding the bump and once I have eaten it is all over.  I need to get out my maternity clothes so I can hide this from work just a little bit longer.  I loved being pregnant last time so I hope the second trimester will give me some much needed energy and a calm stomach.
We are very excited for another memory like this!

PS~THIS HAS NOT BEEN POSTED ON FACEBOOK BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY CO-WORKERS ON THERE.

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, so many congratulations coming your way! We are praising God for blessing you with baby #2 and we hope the nausea disappears soon!

Lily said...

I LOVE this! My kids are 3 years apart and it is actually perfect for us. It's nice when you only have one kid in diapers and #1 can be excited and help out a little. I cannot wait to find out what you are having!!! Love you, friend!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!! SOOOOOOO excited for you all!!!!

kembub said...

CONGRATULATONS CANDACE!!!!!!!!!!!

this is wonderful news and I am so pleased to read it.

really do hope the nausea wears off soon and you can just get on with enjoying it!
xxx

pdisandro said...

Oh wow! Congratulations to both you and Troy! How exciting this fall will be. :-)

Blake and Casey Burgess said...

Congrats you guys! So excited for you! Hope you feel better soon!

The Burgess family said...

YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! I am SO excited for you guys! This is wonderful news! And 3 years apart is a great spacing for siblings, imo. Oh yay! I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congrats! I'm so happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

What a great miracle! So happy for you both.
Judy B.

Emily said...

oh Candace, What a huge blessing!!! I love the story and the spacing of your two, it will be awesome! Enjoy I am so excited for you!!

Jennifer said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! :)

Lambert Loggings said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We're so happy for you! Gracie will be such a sweet big sis.

anissa brett,asher, tate and tobin!!! said...

CONgRATS!! So happy and excited for you! Can't wait to follow the story as you go through yoru second pregnancy and birth!! You are blessed!

The Schenk Family said...

Thanks to all of you ladies for the love and encouragement. It has been a blessing to be able to share struggles and exciting times with you. I feel very loved. Thank you!