Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Crafting

One of my husbands biggest complaints is that my project list is too big, I over do myself just a little:)  And I tend to try and doing them all during the season which has seemed to work out in the past but with a little one running around they have started to pile up.  The problem is I see things that I want to make or try, but between work, Gracie and classes my time is rather limit especially during the season.  Since we made it thru the Thanksgiving Holiday I have put a lot of time a side for working on photos.  I made a scrapbook for my sister-in-law Kristen of pictures from her baby shower, I made Gracie's 1st Birthday Scrapbook, I did an online scrapbook of her professional 6 month and 1 year photos and I am in the middle of making her 1 month.  I have put so much time into scrapbooking in the past that I felt that I needed to do the same for each of my kids.  I thought there was no way to do the whole year since I have about 2500 pictures and once other kids come into play I doubt I will have the time.  So each kids will get a 1 month handmade scrapbook and the rest will be digital scrapbooks.  


Even though I love working on scrapbooking, I also like to make time for some other crafts.  This year we received an abundance of Christmas cards and I wanted a fun way to display them.  A friend of mine suggested checking out Martha Stewart for ideas.  It was a simple little project that did not take much time and was really cute.  I do not even have them all hung yet but I think it looks so cute.


mod podged(awesome glue) old 
wrapping paper to some clothing pins



And found a good place to dangle some ribbon and
hung up some of my christmas cards for display, I love it!


If you click on the Martha Stewart name to see some more ideas you can try, have fun!

2 comments:

anissa brett,asher, tate and tobin!!! said...

Cute Candace!! I wanted to tell you I figured out you can actually print up your blogs in a book like a scrap book. I started blogging a lot more when I found that out and am usuing my blog as my kids scrap books. Ashers first two years will cost about $90.00 but I think totally worth it considering how many hours I've put into the blog...Just wanted to pass that along in case it sparks something with you!

Mother of Pearl said...

i told you- you are the next martha stewart. so cute!!