Thursday, December 3, 2009

How I spent my Thanksgiving Holiday

For our Thanksgiving we went to see Troy’s family in Kansas. But first we had to get there. We opted for the long 16 hour drive because it was much cheaper then to fly. This also meant Gracie had to be in her car seat for a long time. Which most know is near to impossible with a child that has just recently become mobile. We decided the best option would be to drive thru the night so she could sleep. We left about 4pm and we got to Kansas about 8:30am, with stops that is pretty good.

We spent Wednesday recouping and hanging out with family. Thursday was very busy spending the day with the family at Grandma’s. There were a lot of people, it was very busy. We also celebrated all the November birthdays and had a baby shower for my sister-in-law but I will save that for another post this week. I also was able to take pictures of my friend Jodi and her beautiful daughter Culley. I also managed to get a few shots of Kyle and Kristen. Needless to say there was a lot of people to see, things to do and not enough time. We left Sunday about noon, Gracie slept all the way into Missouri which is about 5 hours. It is obvious to say that she was beyond tired. We got home Monday about 5:15am. I took Gracie to daycare after she got up around 8:30. She was very happy to see all her friends. I think she missed having kids around.

Gracie with Great Grandma Schenk


Gracie and Grandma


Our attempt at a family picture


Gracie and Daddy                     The Tire


Gracie with Grandpa in the Tractor


The little girl and boy are Troy's second cousins, Lucas
and Olivia.  We thought this was a funny picture.  Us with 3 kids...

If you want to check out pictures I took over the Holiday I will be putting them up on CandaceLynnPhotography, just click on the name to check them out!

No comments: