Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lent ~ Part II

It has been a full week and not too bad.  I have not missed meat at all but one of my favorite winter drinks is hot coco, I love it.  When I made the no chocolate/coco rule that was geared toward brownies and chocolate candies and stuff.  Although, I do not eat much chocolate it does go in spurts where I need dark chocolate, need is such a strong word, I thought just an extra challenge.  Anyway, so my first week went pretty well minus yesterday when we had a lunch meeting.  I ate my meal, all good and then they passed out mints.  And I love the mints at this place, so as normal I picked it up bit the thing in half and the second that mint hit my tongue, the signals in my brain were like an alarm.  I looked at my friend Christina and spit it into a napkin without even think about our poor guest sitting across from us.  Of course I explained and they laughed and shared there mishaps as well.  Although it may have been wrong I did enjoy the few seconds of the mint, yum.  I asked the practicing catholic now what do I do, confession, that would be interesting?  She said just do better for the rest of the time, ok.  That is easy.
squares.jpg

See what I mean, yum right.  Now think you can go to your
fridge and have some and I will wait until Easter.  And then I
will have one of those new Dark Chocolate Reese's Cups.

1 comment:

pdisandro said...

Sounds like you picked a couple of hard ones. Your giving up meat reminded me of a blog that I follow. She and her family gave up meat for an entire month and she posted a lot of her recipes on her blog (mainly the winners). Here is her blog: http://candacetodd.blogspot.com/. Keep it up!