Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ice Skating

In our sweet little neighborhood we have a lake that we swim in all summer, in the winter we get to ice skate.  Last year it was such a brutally cold winter that we never went ice skating but this year we have watched a few times from the window and even got to view a night game but on this weekend we took the kids down to join in on the fun.  Gracie got her own skates last year and our neighbor has every size you can imagine so I got to also put Nolan in a pair.  I have to admit I was a little weary about going out on the ice but they check frequently of how thick the ice is so I let me fear go and my 17 year old self came out to play hockey and then try and teach my kids how to ice skate.


 Nolan could not stand at all but he loved being pushed around the ice
the Gabby & Megan trying to help him

 we got super lucky as Charlotte teaches hockey, she worked with Gracie on how to ice skate
Gracie doing so well skating with daddy
now I just have to get her blades sharpened 
so she can start practicing with some more speed 
 so much fun with kids from 7 all the way up to there 50's

ice skating 2015 from Candace Schenk on Vimeo.
not sure why the video froze and the sound still came thru but this is all I have of my girl ice skating

No comments: