Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Visiting Baby Pearl

This past weekend Gracie and I headed to Cincinnati to stay with my friend Molly and her new baby girl Pearl while her husband was out of town. But before that could be accomplished I first had to drive 3 ½ hours to get there. Gracie is usually great with trips but not this one. I stopped to feed Gracie dinner about and hour into the trip. About an hour later we stopped because Gracie was screaming in the back. I can’t blame her she had been in that car seat for a while so, we stopped. I went to the bathroom, I got Gracie all lotioned up and put her into her pajamas and let her play for a while in the backseat with some of her toys. At this point it was getting dark and I was not enjoying the location where I choose to stop so I was ready to get the back on the road. I then feed Gracie her bottle and walked around with her outside, just so she did not feel so cooped up in the car. She got back into her car seat, all the while praying she would not scream as I put her back in. I gave her a blanket and her favorite book, I love you through and through. As I got back onto the highway Gracie was looking at her bed time book as I quoted it from memorization, then I sang to her and off to sleep she went. Amazing how our nightly routine put her at ease even in the car.

As for my time with Molly, it was like the good old days spending the night, eating pizza and just chatting the night away. The only difference was the 2 little girls we had and all the baby stuff. But it was so nice to see her and Pearl. For the most part Gracie did not bother to even acknowledge Pearl except when Pearl was cry and Gracie would stop whatever she was doing and look at me, just too cute. Gracie did try to steal her bow during picture which she knew was a no-no, you can tell by the look on her face.
I did take a few pictures of Gracie and Pearl together, enjoy!


No comments: