Wednesday, September 22, 2010

HOF Ladies Night

Every year the Football Hall of Fame Hostes a ladies night, Football 101.  I have never attended but I thought it would be fun to actaully see the hall of fame inside, since I would never actually pay to go.  I would not appreciate it like other would.  So thanks to my work Graphic Enterprises, I went for free.
There were was food from Quaker Steak & Lube, and there were 3 stations.  The first station was a basic knowledge of the lingo.  What words or frazes ment that are used very often.  The second station was led by Joe DeLamielleure, who played for the browns and Joe Palmisano, who actually started Malone's football program and he is also on WHBC as a broadcaster. They led 2 teams on the artificial turf field, one defence and one offence.  There they showed us plays and explain info on defense like the deffrence between running a 3-4 or a 4-3.  The 3rd station DeLamielleure’s wife, Gerri, and WHBC’s Pam Cook told their personal stories and answered questions about life as a football players wife.  Interesting facts:
  • Joe DeLamielleure was selected by the Buffalo in the first round of the 1973 NFL Draft, his signing bonus was $30K, they almost fell of there chairs because back then that was amazing.
  • In 2010, The St Louis Rams signed Sam Bradford in the first round to a 6 year $78 million deal that includes $50 million guaranteed. NICE!
  • Joe DeLamielleure was also a team mate to O.J. Simpson. 
There were all types of women there.  Die hard Browns fans that just came to meet and get a picture with Joe DeLamielleure and then there were some people that did not even know, well anything.  It was a lot of fun and I was able to participate quite a bit, I even made the local paper, The Canton Repository, just in the pictures.
ladies from work, we were the offense
Joe Palmisano coaching the defense

Joe DeLamielleure & myself
I was freezing and he on the other hand had on shorts & a t-shirt

No comments: