Monday, June 6, 2011

16+ Weeks

This pregnancy I have not been very good at taking pictures at all so I thought at the 16 week mark I would get one in but then I missed that day as well.  So I have 16 almost 17 week(wed) picture of my belly.  Not much to update or that has changed since my 14 week update.  But I will give a quick over view because I feel like I have already gypped baby #2.

Cravings: salads, fruit, veggies, and sometimes baked potato's. No aversions to report:)

Sleep Cycle: on my side and sometimes I wake up on my stomach.  I do get up about 3 times a night for the bathroom. 

Movement: Although I do not feel movement most of the time, I have noticed what is called "quickening", just little flutters.

Excited For: the 20 week visit and finding out what we are having, then we can think about names

What to Expect:  In the next few weeks, the baby will double hers/his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, she's/he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.  This is all from the babycenter website, I resigned up so that with my schedule I could at least be updated on our new baby's development.  I am really trying not to miss the important stuff :)
 
New Moment: I recently had the house to myself for 2 nights in a row.  No Troy and no Gracie for 2 days.  This is the first time I have been truly alone since before Gracie was born, the house all to myself.  Don't worry I enjoyed every minute:)
16 Weeks & 5 Days
took a quick picture with the computer before work

4 comments:

Lily said...

Ooo, your hair looks nice (: Cute tiny little belly, mama.

kembub said...

candace that is a cute little bump. you look and sound great x

The Burgess family said...

You look GREAT!

And don't worry about gypping baby #2, things surely are different the 2nd time and you may seem to give less attention to certain parts of parenting, but it is just "different," not "bad." It doesn't mean you love this baby any less, we know this baby is BLESSED to have you and Troy and Gracie!!! So excited for you!!

The Schenk Family said...

Thanks to all. And thanks Kit for the encouragement.