Monday, June 27, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Well, thanks for asking.  It is doing pretty good.  There is lots of green and still some bare spots which mean either the seeds did not take or they take while I am really not sure at all.

What I have: 2 tomato plants, lots of cucumber plants, maybe 1 lettuce(it's being smothered), 1 carrot, in the top left cilantro, and in the bottom left peppers.  I also have a cherry tomato plant that is in a pot. 
Questions:
Should I try and plant something in the spots where nothing is coming up?
Should I spread out the cucumber?
Or will moving them kill them?  Will it hurt that they are crowded?
Any thoughts would help......

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks good and sounds yummy. Sorry I have absolutely no gardening advice :)

Jessie said...

Your cucumbers will overtake that box. they like to spread out. that is why we now grow ours in a cage so they grow up instead of out.

The Burgess family said...

I can hardly grow a pansy flower, so sorry I'm no help. I'm a bit jealous, though! :)

The Burgess family said...

I can hardly grow a pansy flower, so sorry I'm no help. I'm a bit jealous, though! :)

Lily said...

I can definitely help you kill them, if that becomes necessary.

Jennifer said...

Yep, your cucumbers will overtake everything. I would try to rig up a trellis for them to grow up on, probably on both sides since the tomato plant is in that corner. I've used chicken wire and wooden planks before but you'll need it to be fairly sturdy. I don't know if moving it would kill it or not.