Friday, July 1, 2011

20 Weeks

I am 20 weeks and 2 days, officially half way through.  This time around I feel like it is going much slower.  When people ask how far I am, I just feel like it should be more then what it is.  I am trying to just enjoy the time and now that the baby is moving I want time to slow down so I can just enjoy, so this last half will be a lot of fun.  No pregnancy glitches like last time just a few minor things on the side but no major things to mention.  The anticipation of finding out the sex of this baby is purely so I can figure out why this time around I feel so different.  If it is a boy then I feel like that will help me understand a little better but if it is a girl I am at a loss for an explanation.  Anyone ever feel different from one to the other pregnancy and not know why?  I thought maybe I needed to up a specific vitamin. I am just looking for something a little more o-natural instead of what the doctors want to give me.

Cravings: pretty much the same salads, fruit, and veggies. No aversions to report:)

Sleep Cycle: on my side and a half stomach side lay, it makes me feel like I am sleeping on my stomach:)  No Changes to report in the bathroom area, I am still up 2-3 times a night, no matter how little I drink before bed.

Movement: I feel movement all day.  Troy can now officially feel the kicking.
Short Story:  Troy was waiting and trying to feel a kick when my stomach growled and he quickly looked at me and asked if that was the baby:) I then explain I was hungry.

Excited For: This weekend we are having a 4th of July Reveal Party.  I have wanted to do one of these for a long time.  This time around the not knowing does not bother me mainly because I am so indifferent about what this baby will be.  I am fine with either.  Although last time I wanted a boy first and I got Gracie of course I think she is perfect.  God knew I needed to see a father daughter relationship more then anything, for healing purposes I am sure.  But now that I know my girl I am a little scared to have a boy.  We will just have to see...

What to Expect: Per BabyCenter my baby is the size of a banana. 

New Moment: Again I had the house to myself, this time for a full week while Troy & Gracie spent there time in Kansas.  What did I do?  Well, most people guessed right off the bat, cleaned but only the night they left and I was done before they were out of the state of Ohio.  I made it the only night to clean.  The rest of the week I spent working on crafts, hanging out with girl friends (which was much needed) and getting ready for the party.  It was very quiet.  I loved my time.


small view of the baby
this view makes my belly look much bigger

My next post will be our big announcement of the gender, we will both find out soon....

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My girl/boy pregnancies were night and day. The boys, I was sick 24/7-so much so that I had to take Rx meds for it. I was also a lot moodier and grumpier with the boys. The "morning" sickness lasted about the same amount of time with all 3, though. I also knew right away when I got pregnant with the boys (seriously within a couple days)--just from the way I felt and certain things growing quickly if you know what I mean! ha!! (sorry if that's TMI!)
I'm so excited for you!! Boys are SO MUCH DIFFERENT! Troy's reaction is priceless...I'm so glad you captured it on camera!