Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Reveal Party

I have always wanted to have a baby reveal party but with Baby #1 I wanted a boy so bad that I just needed to know up front and we did not really have family here so we decided not too.  But I always said with baby #2 I was having one and I pretty much planned the important details of how we would find out and tell.  I wanted something where everyone wanted to get together and hangout with a little added excitement and the 4th of July was just perfect.  Gracie actually picked the 4th for us.  I was at Khol's and she picked out this 4th of July dress and I thought when would she ever get to where that and then it hit me, great idea Gracie.

So Friday we went to the doctor and had out ultra sound.  She zoomed around the screen and from what I could see I thought GIRL.  I am obviously not trained but that's what I came up with.  We had the nurse write down the sex on a piece of paper put it in an envelope and seal it.  I then took the envelope to the store and had them make a little cake.  They had never heard of this and thought it was so much fun. On the 4th we cut the cake together...Troy was stalling...but finally we cut the cake and found out what baby #2 was......




BLUE!!!
 Troy's reaction


 saying he was excited would be an understatement
 the cake and the paper that confirmed the sex...
our little family, very exciting

I will post pictures of all the cute treats later.....

3 comments:

The Burgess family said...

That is SO AWESOME!!!!

Jenny said...

What a fun way to find out!! Congrats on expecting a boy!

Blake and Casey Burgess said...

That sounds so fun! congrats on a little boy!!!