Wednesday, July 13, 2011

There's No Place Like Kansas

As I had mentioned in my previous post Troy & Gracie made the long haul to Smith Center, Kansas.  This is a trip that Troy wants to make a yearly tradition, making sure our kids get some good farm time in.  Luckily they were accompanied by his brother Kyle & nephew Sawyer.  The 4 of them drove the Toyota out and I will paint the seen in the back with Gracie facing forward and Sawyer facing the  back seat which lead to some good conversation for the two of them and some taunting.  Now I did not witness the taunting but heard it over the phone and just laughed.  The driving part was hardest on all involved including me.  I just needed them off the road and safe.  Once they got to Kansas they had a great time and Gracie loved every minute.  Every time time I called I asked Troy if he was taking pictures, so even though I missed it I could at least see all the good times.  And, he did get some great pictures, so here are just some of my favorites.


Gracie & Sawyer with Mema
my nephew Sawyer looks just like his daddy
Gracie & Papa in the tractor
the kids out cruisin'
Sawyer & Gracie with Papa
Uncle Jake teaching Gracie how to swing
Auntie Audi & Gracie going for a ride
my favorite - wrestling time
While Gracie holds Uncle Jake down Sawyer showing him who's boss

time with Aunt Marlene
my favorite picture
Auntie Audi braiding Gracie's hair while in her overalls
so cute

Gracie & Papa ready for the farm
love this
love this
Gracie trying out all the machines on the farm

how do I work this thing
Farmer Gracie
Ride that bronco

My husband really did a great job taking pictures, thanks babe!  Although I have no pictures of my week it was great and since everyone knew I had free time I was so busy it was crazy.  Dinner with friends, photography sessions, girls night, craft day and planning the reveal party.  That was plenty for me but I did miss my family.

No comments: