Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More on the 4th

Just to give you a quick over view, Troy and Gracie got back from Kansas on Thursday night(I will put up pictures soon).  Friday we had our ultra sound and then enjoyed the day recoupeing from there trip.  Saturday we played and my parents came into town and helped us set up for our big Sunday party.  I wanted this to be simple laid back and well once we go going it was crazy.  I went a little over board on the details I think but it was so cute.  We had 44 people, yes that is right 44 people in our house and some how it worked and with the hot weather people wanted the cool air.  I am so thankful how well everything went.  The only thing I forgot was to video take the cutting of the cake.  The reaction was priceless!
one of the tables with the cake
our little reveal cake
red, white and blue theme
our 4th of July preztels
caramel apples with chocolate
these were suppose to be all chocolate
but we had issues with the white chocolate
chocolate covered popcorn
cute buckets a borrow from kristen
my favorite and the easiest was the layeres strawberries &
blue berriesthere were also strawberries covered in
white chocolate & blue sprinkled edges
my nephew Sawyer wearing Gracie's tutu
Gracie and Nina playing
all though these fans look cute I did not enjoy making
them & have marked them off the list for future parties.

Hosting does not allow for alot of mingling but I did get to enjoy some of our visitor's thanks to my mom monitoring the food area.  Troy and I were so grateful to all that came.  I never got pictures of our guests and I missed the reaction of everyone when we cut the cake.  I was so busy watching Troy's reaction but I guess all the guys were jumping around like crazy throwing up high fives.  Troy is very excited!

No comments: