Wednesday, July 27, 2011

24 Weeks - Updated

My little man is very busy kicking me and punching all day.  He is defiantly more active then Gracie ever was and he is also sitting much lower then Gracie ever did at least until the very end.  I am often wearing my belly band just to help with the pressure.  I am using lots of lotion because I am a little afraid this one may give stretch marks and I really don't want those. 

Cravings: nothing at this point and no aversions either
Sleep Cycle: always on my side with a pillow under my belly and my bathroom trips remain in the 2's and 3 area.
Movement: as I mentioned above, all day but my little man has never woken me up, yet.
Names: Troy came up with one the other night that we both actually liked so right now we have one but still searching for others.
Excited For: my 3D ultra sound with my mom and MIL
What to Expect: Per BabyCenter my baby is the size of an ear of corn.
New Moment: Gracie asked to hug & kiss my belly before bed
What I miss: sleeping threw the night & not having pain in my back all the time
A surprise: I think this time the belly button might go....only time will tell

I went to the doctor's office yesterday.  My weight gain and blood pressure were very good.  My little man's heart rate was 150 and he was kicking like crazy.  I usually love my visits because my nurse practitioner sits in there forever letting listen to the heart beat and comment on where his head is and how he is laying.  I always love hearing all the little details but sadly today was a quick visit with my doctor, in and out.  I thought today was glucose drink day but I won't have to do that until August.

not the best picture but there you have it
Best Moment of the Week:  Last night I asked Gracie if she wanted to feel the baby kick and she said yes.  I put her hand on my stomach and made her push down a little.  I prayed for another kick, and there it was 2 kicks right into Gracie's little hand.  She looked at me and said "why baby kicking me"?  Then this morning while she was laying in bed with me she asked if she could feel the baby kick.  I absolutley love this!

1 comment:

Emily said...

So fun to hear about your journey friend! Sounds like you might have an active little boy on your hands, I remember thinking of Jake that way in the womb and he is, but most boys are. ;)