Friday, July 22, 2011

Thoughts on My Little Man

Troy is very excited....I am a little nervous.  I have all brother's so I shouldn't be but I have gotten use to my girl.  I hope he is as laid back as Troy is, our prediction, this kid may not talk for a long time and then one day it will just be a full sentence.  We just think it would be comical.  But in all seriousness I am ready for a boy and so very excited for Troy.  There will be a 3 year gap between Gracie and our new little man.  Interesting enough that is the age difference between my brother Stephen and myself.  I can't say we never fought but we are close.  We talk all the time and I love him to death.  I loved having him and I have some of the best memories of him.  So why am I nervous, I am not sure but I just am.  I have a thousand girls names I can use and ones at the top of the list waiting to be chosen but for a boy I have nothing.  Our roles in this area have reversed.  Troy sits up on the computer at night going over names and going through the books, reading off ones that he likes and all I can say is no, no, no, no way.  I don't know why but when I try to think of a name, there is nothing.  OK well I did finally come up with one and there are about 100 reasons why we can't use it so the search continues. I have no thought on a letter, no nothing.  That has made it a little harder plus I have to decide where this baby is going to go and how to decorate.  During pregnancy #1 I knew how I wanted to decorate the room and what name would be if it was a boy but now 2 1/2 years later those things are no longer appealing to me and I am starting from scratch.  I am on a search for thoughts and ideas.  I love the people throwing names out there because it keeps me thinking otherwise I don't give it a thought during my day.  Even now as I sit here, nothing.  We had thought that we would give Gracie the name so she could practice saying it and to help for an attachment early but she too might be surprised.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Isn't a football themed nursery a given?? ;)
Names...we had a REALLY hard time naming (agreeing on a name) Isaac. Like, he was a day old before we agreed!! Some of our ideas--David, Luke, Nathan, Windell (ha!), Caleb, Peter, Jayden (this is Isaac's middle name but Aaron wanted it as his first)...good luck!!!

The Burgess family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Burgess family said...

Um, will you share your girl list, and I'll trade you my boy list? Because we're SO having the opposite problem, lol! We'll know in a month what we're having and we hope it's a boy because we have a very hard time with girl names, ha ha!

Some of my boy favs: Carter, Everett, Grant, Max, Soren, Evan, Jasper, Henry.... any family names you can use for inspiration?

July 22, 2011 11:00 AM

pdisandro said...

Can't wait to hear what you guys come up with! As far as the decorating goes...I always find inspiration from magazines and try to copy that. Pottery Barn Kids and Restoration Hardware Kids have great looks! Good luck!

The Schenk Family said...

thanks ladies. I can give you some great girls names if you end up having a girl. I am looking thru internet web pages and hopefully we will come to at least a few names we like soon, thanks!!!