Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Fun Run

Really The Color Run was just that a fun run.  This was my first and it won't be my last!  I loved it would be an understatement.  It truly was for fun, when they asked how many of you have never run a 5k I was shocked it was almost everyone.  I would say maybe a 1/4 of the 10k runners ran.  The rest of them were walkers and it was not even timed.  People were ready to be crazy and have fun.  I was in the first batch of people that were allowed to go.  I walked for the first 5 minutes because there was no where to go.  I literally just had to jog in place to keep my muscles warm and wait for the crowd of 1k spread out.  At each color station there was congestion.  People would stop just to get as much color on them as possible and some even rolled on the ground, seriously.  Just hilarious!  There was a group of guys that ran from left to right pretend to be planes through the whole route.  When I crossed the finish line the line for people to run was still crazy long.  But it was fun and I have no idea my time.

 start
 the line behind me
it was freezing
 crazy runners

 the color party


a little painted

No comments: