Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nolan's 1st Birthday aka Party #2

Well, my baby boy turned 1 and I am just shocked how fast this kids is growing.  I will compare more later but he is running to grow up and I am just trying to keep him my baby as long as I can.  I did a Safari theme birthday party.  I did not go crazy with animals but it was cute.  Decorations & set-up first:)

this is a terrible picture of the invitations but they were so cute
Nolan's smash cake 
 the birthday chair with the tie/shirt i made
Yes, a caramel apple bar.  I saw this on pinterest and said it 
was a must, it was a big hit.  The sign also gave a few 
mixtures they could try if they were not feeling creative.

 I bought already caramelized apples.  I made the ones for gracie's 1st, took forever.  I just set out warm carmel in my fondue pot for a little extra.  Toppings included: chocolate chips, nuts, pecans, chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, candy corn, graham crackers, nerds, mini m&m's, mini reese's pieces, crushed Oreo cookie, crushed vanilla cookie, and a few others I can't remember.
the birthday sign 
 I heard later there was a debate but I did 
indeed make the mini pies.  Apple & Cherry.
 the bunting made with the same fabric as his baby blanket

No we did not play games he is one and most people just enjoyed talking.  I think as the mom you end up talking to whom ever is in the room that you are checking on.  I think I was in the kitchen the most.

No comments: