Monday, November 1, 2010

Apple Picking

I have lived in Canton for a long time, well it is the longest I have lived anywhere since I lived at home with my parents in high school.  Anyway, I have always wanted to go apple picking and every year it seemed to slip by me and I would forget.  But this year I planned a weekend that the three of us would go and have a family day picking apples and then baking the day away.  We headed to the orchard and picked our apples.  I thought the time would go by quickly but it seemed Troy and I became rather picky about which apples to pick, how they looked and how to reach the best of the best.  Finally, we had plenty of apples.  Yum!  I spent the rest of the day making apple pie, apple sauce and more apple sauce which was so easy.  I have an apple, pealer, corer slicer that my mom gave me from Pampered Chef and it was the greatest thing ever.  I know I have used it before but years ago.  The whole thing with making the apple sauce took about 30 minutes.  So easy and so good. 

Short Story:  My freshman year in college, I headed to my friend Lisa's house.  It was the first farm I had ever been too.  Her mom picked the apples from there tree and made the best apple sauce I had ever tasted.  Since I have wanted to own my own apple trees but then relized how hard that would be with moving and it really does attract the bees.  The orchard was perfect and my apple sauce tasted pretty good, my memory seemed to think it was just the same.

Gracie picking apples
our little family

which one should I eat?
mommy & gracie bear
a sticky kiss
loves
I thought this was hilarious ;)


ready to go home

No comments: