Sunday, October 23, 2011

36 Weeks

How Far Along: 36 weeks & 4 days
Names: Believe it or not we have a top 5 list and pretty sure on the top 3 we love.  I made a desperate plea to me girl friends who came through with some great ideas, this is where our top list came from.  Thanks ladies!
Waiting For: my mom to visit so I can get the baby's room finished, hopefully next weekend
Cravings: I have noticed that I crave milk a lot.  Which most would say it means I need more calcium but I get calcium in my prenatal vitamin each night and then I take 600 mg of calcium in the morning, so you would think I am getting enough.
Sleep Cycle: this changes all the time.  There are some nights I get what I call great sleep and then there are some nights in a row where I got terrible sleep.  The great sleep happens once I have had several nights of no sleep.  My body has to rest at some point.  Interestingly enough I always sleep well during naps, not sure why but my weekend naps are a must, not skipping those. 
Movement: constant, if I even worry a little about his lack of kicking and elbowing I just push on his backside and he will move right away.
Excited: to meet this little guy
What I miss:  holding Gracie and caring her as much as I want.  Now I do hold her but this little guy kicks and squirms the hole time like we are invading his space. 
A surprise:  It is official my belly button is protruding.  It may have fully popped by 40 weeks poor thing has been stretched to death.
Comparing:  when I was pregnant with Gracie I was very round but with this baby my poor belly is being stretch as for out as possible.  The swelling in my legs is out of control and no worries by the doctor because my blood pressure is great by body just likes to hold as much water as possible.
Life Change:  This week brought a very sad end to an amazing woman that I call grandma.  I do wish she would have gotten to hold her grandson.  


On Friday I had my 36 week appointment.  My blood pressure is good and weight is fine although I was not as excited about it.  My weight is always about 5 lbs more at the doctors but I still hate it.  The doctor said not to worry she said with the amount of swelling I already had by 8:30 she said I am holding a lot of water weight as well, we will see.  The baby's heart beat was around 140 bpm.  The doctor checked me and I am coming along.  As for an idea when this baby will come she says it is a guessing game.  I can have nothing happening in the am but by the night I could be in labor it is just up to my body.  I assume this baby will camp out until the end like Gracie but I would love to have this baby in October for sentimental reasons.


I was home this weekend by myself so I took a few pictures with the computer and camera.  More then you may want to see but I thought so me were pretty funny.  I have not seen myself in a picture for a while at least not from the side so I got a kick out of my stomach.
 side view #1
 half side
 side view #2
 Gracie was all dressed up in her Tinker Bell outfit.
She thought taking the pictures were a blast.
 I had to hold her in place she just wanted 
to keep running back to push the button
 some with my camera which is much harder 
when I can't see what I am doing until after
Gracie kissing my belly
(after shot)

No comments: