Thursday, November 17, 2011

1 Week

Nolan is a week old today which is so weird.  Over all he is a good baby. He eats well and sleeps well.  He smiles when you kiss his little mouth and makes some of the funniest noises.  Troy and I started a board with Parents listed on one side and Nolan listed on the other.  Every time Nolan defeats us in a diaper change he gets a point and whenever we defeat him we get a point, right now Nolan is winning.  On his second day home I was changing Nolan and he projected #2 all over the front of me, Troy had the same situation but caught it in a diaper.  As you can see changing a boys diaper for us is so different then Gracie in both areas:)

Feeding/Sleeping: Nolan's bilirubin levels were pretty close so we were to watch his color over the next couple of days. Day 2 in the hospital consisted of marathon feeding and then went into every two hours.  On Monday he decided to cluster feed all day, ever 1.5 hours and on Tuesday we got him back to 2 to 2.5 hours between feedings.  His night feedings first consisted of me waking him every 3 hours because I was so full.  The doctor told me not to do that anymore.  Let him sleep as long as he wants.  Which I agree so I will have to get up and pump for a little while.  We will have to see how long he will truly go without me waking him, so far 4.5 hours last night and I did finally wake him to feed.  Tonight I promised not to wake him at all, he went from 11pm to 5am, as soon as i heard the smacking noises from him trying to eat his hand I got him up, I was dying.  I am really trying to stretch myself to last longer.  During the day he sleeps mostly between feedings with some awake time.

 At Nolan's 1 Week Check Up:
Height: 21" - 90% - If you recall at birth he was 19 1/4.  The nurse said no way did they measure correctly at the hospital.  
Weight: 8lbs 4oz - 63% - proof of how much this little guy is eating
Head: 14"- 66% - still smaller then miss gracie
Info:  Nolan is doing good he has an umbilical hernia which will have to be watched, a little weird and scary. 
 

 first sponge bath
getting lots of love from his sister

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! He is so precious and I love the name!