Friday, October 22, 2010

Terrific Play Dough

I found this recipe that I have had for years but never made.  I have no idea where it came from but either way I decided to try it.  With a little help from Gracie, we made play dough.  I was by myself stirring and Gracie being near a hot stove made me a little worried she did a great job assisting me and listening to me very well.

just starting
making purple
stirring
done
daddy was welcomed home during batch #2
a great picture of me and my little helper
fun colors

Even if Gracie stuck some of this in her mouth, first it would not hurt her in the least and second it would be so salty I am sure she would willingly spit it out on her own.

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 cup salt
1 tsp food color
2 tsp cream of tarter

Alternate dry and liquid ingredients in medium saucepan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it forms a ball.  Remove and knead.  Store in a Tupperware bowl for weeks!  It is also easy to clean up because of the oil in it. 

just a side: I went in the order of which it is above

No comments: